Misha is a 1997 Bavaria 38 Holiday.
She spent the first 20 years of her life in the Clyde. In 2017 her engine seized and the previous owner had it and the sail drive replaced. He used her for the remainder of the season then left her on the hard at Clyde Marina until we bought her. She was in a sad state when we first met with moss growing in the cockpit and much of the boat in need of significant rework. Some of the running rigging was in such poor condition that it literally disintegrated when we touched it.
After an initial six week refurbishment we took her out for her first sail and it was wonderful. She was clipping along at over seven knots on the way up past Carrick Castle. That said, she still needed a lot of additional work and it was another three weeks of work before we could take her round the Mull to her new home at Craobh.
Since we purchased her the current tally includes:
- All new home made stack pack, covers and dodgers (sand coloured rather than green),
- All running rigging replaced or upgraded by AS Yachting,
- Standing rigging replaced by AS Yachting,
- Lifelines replaces by AS Yachting,
- Jacklines Replaced by AS Yachting,
- New windlass motor,
- New wheel pilot,
- New speed head,
- New diesel heating system,
- New upgraded VHF installed by BEE,
- Replaced (refurb) chartplotter at binnacle,
- Upgrading of (almost) all bulbs to LEDs,
- Upgraded navigation lights (LED),
- Engine serviced by Craobh Marina,
- Autopilot serviced by BEE,
- New batteries and battery monitor,
- Upgraded alternator,
- New batteries,
- Upgraded automatic bilge pump,
- Refurbished calorifier,
- Sails serviced by Owen Sails,
- New AIS Transponder Maiana AIS,
- New on-board 4G Internet with vessel monitor,
- New Neptune 4500 cooker from East Neuk Plumbers.
The immediate to-do list includes:
- New life raft and fittings,
- Wind vane self steering,
- Wind power generation,
- Solar power generation,
- Replace refrigeration unit.